Our Motorcycle Courses
Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) - £135.00
The CBT is the first step to motorcycling. It contains 5 elements, that when completed will allow you to ride on the road unsupervised as a learner.
Compulsory Basic Training
- Introduction - Understanding the aims of the CBT, importance of having the correct equipment and clothing.
- Practical on-site training - Become familiar with the motorcycle and its controls and how it works.
- Practical on-site riding - Ride the bike round a figure eight, ride the bike slowly under control, carry out a u-turn manoeuvre, change gear, emergency stop, etc.
- Practial on-road training - Recognise the legal requirements for riding on the road, understanding the Highway Code, be aware of the need to be clearly visible to other road users, etc.
- Practial on-road riding - Roundabouts, junctions, pedestrian crossing, traffic lights, gradients, bends, (min 2 hours on-road riding), etc.
When completed the Compulsory Basic Training, you will have gained the DL196 CBT Certificate.
This allows you to ride on the road unaccompanied:
- With L-plates (front & rear).
- Not carrying a Pillion Passenger.
- You cannot ride on a Motorway.
Restricted Access 33 bhp Motorcycle Training Course - £160.00 per day (9.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.)
- The practical test for this licence must be taken on a motorcycle between 121cc and 125cc, that is capable of achieving not less than 100kph. On passing the test the full licence allows the rider to ride any motorcycle without L-plates up to a maximum output of no greater than 25Kw (33bhp) for a period of two years.
- After the two year period, the licence if automatically upgraded to allow you to ride any motorcycle.
- If this test is taken on an automatic machine then the licence will be endorsed with a restriction limiting the rider to ride only automatic machines up to the power limit as above.
Direct Access - £160.00 per day (9.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.)
- This for riders aged 21 or over. Passing the motorcycle test on a machine of at least 35kW (46.6bhp) gives immediate access to all sizes of motorcycles.
- This option is for riders who are subject to the two-year qualifying period and are at least 21 years old, before this qualifying period is complete. You can take a further test to give you immediate access to all motorcycles. This test must be taken on a motorcycle with a power output of at least 35kW (46.6bhp).
Requirements for Direct Access & Accelerated Access
- You must be accompanied at all time by a DSA approved trainer and in radio contact. You must observe the standard learner's regulations; L-plates, no pillion passenger, no motorway training.
Prior to the Practical Test You Must Successfully Pass The Motorcycle Theory Test
- Practical test dates can be booked by us in advance and we can structure the test training around those dates and trainee requirements.
Back to Biking
If you are returning to motorcycling after an absence of several years you'll probably find a lot has changed. This will include:
- Road and traffic conditions.
- Motorcycle technology.
- Your skills.
A refresher course is a good way to refresh your skills in a safe and enjoyable manner.